Intro: How to Make Onion Pakoda
This is an Indian snack from the state of Maharashtra. This amazing, crispy snack will be an instant hit in your home and friends and family.
Step 1: Ingredients : Things You Need
4 medium size onions
2 cups of chickpea flour
3 green chilies
3/4 teaspoon of asafoetida
1 + 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 + 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper powder
Pinch of baking soda
Salt : As per taste
Water: As Required
Step 2: Mix All Ingredients Together
1. Add chickpea flour to onions.
2. Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, red pepper powder.
3. Now add green chilies.
4. Slowly add water to form the mixture.
Step 3: Ready to Deep Fry
1. Add sufficient amount of water so that it will look like the pictures above.
Step 4: Time for the 'Crunch & the Aroma'
1. Keep your pan on medium heat, add oil to that.
2. Once oil is hot, add small portions of the mixture into the oil.
3. Deep fry till golden brown.
Step 5: Enjoy.
Have them with ketchup , tea, coffee......your way !
theresa.alukka made it!