Introduction: Beautiful Succulent Terrarium in Minutes.
Terrarium are low maintenance beautiful looking indoor plant arrangements. Doing it yourself will gives you lot of happiness and sense of achievement . Making one will unleash your creative ability. They are low maintenance and they live long. They can be made with Foliage or succulent. The tall covered glass terrarium is one with foliage plant. They can be closed or open terrarium. The most important thing is to group your plants based one there water need and different color. Remember it is easy and if I can do it then u sure can !!!!
They don't cost a lot and can be done with in $20.
Step 1: Items Needed
1. Terrarium plant or any succulent plant in 1 or 2 inch pot. Pick any combination of three that you can find in the store. It is a good idea to select different colored plants.
2. A Glass bowl. Pick any clear glass container with wide mouth for first timers.I would suggest medium sized one like a small fish bowl.
3. Cactus Potting soil
4. Green Moss
5. Black Pebble
7. White or light colored stone small in size or any decorative stones that you can find in craft store.
Step 2: Process
1.1 First begin by placing the black rock in the bottom of the bowl. I would say about 1 inch or more depending on the size of the bowl.
1.2 On top of the rock bed add a thin layer of charcoal. I learned it from one of the comments. It keeps the soil fresher.
2. Now pour the potting soil in the container. The level of the soil should be little below the middle of the glass bowl.
3. Having done that now stick the succulent in soil with your hand or use spoon to plant them.
4. Use the green moss to cover the remaining soil around the succulent.
5. You can use spoon to line the bowl with stone or use any decoration, you fancy.
6. For watering use spoon, straw or medicine dropper. Here I have used spoon to water the plant.
7. Take a clean kitchen towel to clear out the glass bowl so that it is sparkling clean.
8. Finally place your creation in the place you want and are ready to show it off. They make beautiful gifts, centerpieces, mantel ornament. I just love them.
Step 3: Maintenance
1) Watering - Keep in mind that terrarium need little water. If u are using a open glass bowel then water them once in two week and for covered containers may be once a month. Medicine dropper or spoon can be used to water the plant. Misting them with water would also work. Molds may develop or plant may decay because of excessive water. If this happens put your terrarium in the sun for a day or keep the lid open of the closed terrarium.
2) Sunlight - If you have kept them indoor them once a week let them sunbath for couple of hours. Succulent can handle
3) Pruning/cleaning - As you see dead leafs/moss remove them. Plants can be pruned as needed. The plants that have over grown they can be pruned or removed.
4) Once in couple of month clean the exterior and interior of the glass bowl with kitchen tissue.
Over all they are low maintenance and easy to manage. I have one with me for the last seven months and i find them easy.
You can read up more on Terrarium online or watch videos on you tube.
Ele AN made it!