How to Make a Computer Fan Guard Stove!!!

3,770

5

11

Cook what you need, make everything you like. Grab a dead computer and get what you need. Fast and easy to make and a great taste it cooks.


Teacher Notes

Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.

Step 1: What You Need

you need a
-fan guard
-battery
-paper clip
-cardboard
-2 rubber bands

Step 2:

Take the 2 rubber bands and put them around the battery and cardboard, like in picture.

Step 3:

If you have a paper clip with a rubber sleeve on it, then cut it like shown in the picture.

Step 4:

Now put the fan guard on top of the battery, then take the paper clip and put both sides on the + and - side of the battery.  Make sure that metal from the paper clip is touching both the battery and the fan guard.

Dead Computer Contest

Participated in the
Dead Computer Contest

Be the First to Share

    Recommendations

    • Assistive Tech Contest

      Assistive Tech Contest
    • Reuse Contest

      Reuse Contest
    • Made with Math Contest

      Made with Math Contest

    11 Discussions

    0
    None
    Callum Snowden

    9 years ago on Step 4

    short circuiting the battery could make it potentially EXPLODE in front of you and throw battery acid everywhere!

    2 replies
    0
    None
    lemonie

    9 years ago on Introduction

    I don't see anything cooking here, could you fix that?

    L

    0
    None
    n3rdd

    9 years ago on Step 4

    Photos are blurry.  Do you know how 2 use macro? (if not look it up)

    When using macro, get about 15 cm back and zoom as needed.  If none of this works remember that u can half-press the camera button lightly before u take the photo to engage auto-focus.

    1 reply
    0
    None
    zack247

    9 years ago on Introduction

    no offense, but i find that bo3bo3's version is safer, lasts longer, and is more effective, i dont even really see this even heating a glass of water, you would need a coil and more power to make a stove-like thing

    0
    None
    jj.inc

    9 years ago on Introduction

     If I was you I wouldn't do it.  You DON'T EVER short out a battery and you would have to exchange the battery every few minutes, but if you branched off half of the positive to a salt water solution so that it is defused just enough to cause a flow from + to - then this would be safer.