1- sheet of 3/8" plywood
1- sheet of 1/4" masonite
2- 8'x2"x4" ( you will have extras)
box of deck screws
tools for cutting the wood
1) first cut out the radius for the ramp to make the frame (I traced the radius of a black plastic 10-80 brand ramp)
2) make the frame by attaching the two side pieces with 2"x4"s
3) use 3/8" plywood for the surface of the ramp
4) after the plywood add a sheet of masonite to make the ramp smooth
5) If you choose, you can add a piece of sheet metal for a more smooth transition.
I use this ramp every day and it is plenty strong. I made it at the TechShop. www.techshop.ws
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.