Introduction: How to Make a Safe Swing?
These steps shows how to make a safe swing.
Total weight: 2.580 kilograms.
Materials: polypropylene, trespa, stainless steel
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Supplies
- A plate of trespa (30 centimeters by 70 centimeters)
- A rope of polypropylene. The length of the rope is 30 meters.
- Two carabiners with a safety tool.
- D-closure of stainless steel
- Black duct tape
- sanding machine
Step 2: The Making of the Seating
Draw on the ‘Trespa’ plate: (1-3)
1. double arrow
2. two rectangles
3. 10 drill holes
4. Cut out the shapes with a jigsaw
5. Drill the indicated holes in the arrow
6. Drill the indicated holes in the rectangles
7. Sand the top, bottom and side of all shapes smooth
Step 3: The Making of the Swing
1. Take 2 ropes of polypropylene. They both have a length of 40 centimeters.
2. Tape the ends of the ropes with black duct tape.
3. Thread the ends of rope 1 through hole 1 and 2.
Thread the ends of rope 2 through hole 6 and 7.
(The position of the holes is indicated on picture 1)
4. Make a secure knot at each end.
5. Take 2 other ropes with a length of 14 meters.
Call the ropes rope 3 and rope 4.
Thread rope 3 through hole 4 and 5.
Thread rope 4 through 9 and 10.
(The position of the holes is indicated on picture 1.1).
6. Choose the end that is closer to the small rectangle and make a small loop in it.
Do this for rope 3 and 4.
7. Insert the karabiner by the loop of rope 3. Do the same for rope 4.
8. Take the other end and make a small loop.
9. Hang a D-closure on this loop.