Introduction: How to Make Authentic Chinese Spicy Mapo Tofu
I always like to cook Chinese food for myself and my boyfriend. Both of us think the Chinese food are generally too greasy at the restaurants. Today, I am going to show you how to make authentic Chinese spicy mapo tofu, which is one of my favorite spicy dishes. It's simple and easy!
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time : 10-15 mins
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
First step is to prepare all the ingredients that we might possibly need, such as a box of tofu, oyster flavored sauce, sesame oil, broad ben sauce (spicy or non-spicy), garlic, green onion, cilantro, and a little bit preserved mustard stems will make the entire dish taste better.
Step 2: Preparation
1. Make sure use soft tofu, and cut them into half of cubic inch evenly.
2. Chop two pieces of garlic, green onion, cilantro and preserved mustard stems. Depends on how much you like those, you can decide the amount. Personally I love garlic and cilantro, I would always put a little bit more of those two ingredients.
Step 3: Cooking
Turn on the stove, heat it and...
1. Put garlic and 1-2 tbsp broad bean sauce, 3 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp oyster flavored sauce in a decent size pan
2. Mix them and let it cook about 90 seconds on medium heat
3. Add tofu to the pan, carefully stir (because they are soft, you don't want to mash them) for about 8-10 mins until the toful is perfectly mixed with the sauce
4. Now add green onion and preserved mustard stems, stir for 30 seconds. Make sure everything mix well
5. Lastly, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot
Now spicy mapo tofu is ready savor!! Hope you will like it :)
Thank you for your visit, if you have any question, feel free to let me know and I will be happy to answer you!