These instructions will serve to teach you how to make delicious homemade banana bread. This is a really good and fairly easy recipe to follow. This recipe makes one loaf of bread which consists of about eight servings (one serving=1 slice of bread). This project will take about ten minutes to prepare and one hour of baking. The approximate cost is $10.
1. Do not eat raw dough; you may get a stomach ache because of the raw eggs.
2. Use a pot holder or oven glove when handling the loaf pan as it will be very hot when it comes out of the oven. If you do not use a pot holder and you burn your hand, run the burn under cold water for five minutes.
1. A conventional oven that can be heated to 350°F
2. A 9.2 in x 5.2 in x 2.8 in loaf pan
3. A hot pad for handling the hot loaf pan
4. Measuring cups
5. A large mixing bowl
6. A mixing spoon
7. Non-stick spray or shortening to coat the loaf pan
1. 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2. 2/3 cupsugar
3. 2 tsp baking powder
4. 1/4 tspbaking soda
5. 1/2 tsp salt
1. 2 eggs
2. 1/3 cup shortening
3. 3 bananas
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl with either an electric hand mixer or a mixing spoon
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
1/3 cup shortening
3 peeled bananas
Prepare the bananas
Frozen--allow to thaw and then peel
(Throw the banana peels into the trash)
Spray non-stick spray (or shortening) on the
bottom and sides inside the loaf pan to prevent the bread from sticking to the pan
Safety--do not inhale the non-stick spray
Pour the mixed banana bread dough into loaf pan
Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl so all the dough ends up in the pan
Spread dough in the pan so it makes an even layer
When the oven is preheated to 350°F, place the filled loaf pan on the middle rack in
Safety--be careful not to burn your hand when you put the loaf into the oven as it is very hot
Close the oven door and set a time for 55 minutes
After 55 minutes, remove the loaf pan from the oven and insert a toothpick or fork into the center and remove it to see if it is fully cooked.
If it is removed and the uncooked dough sticks to it, place it back into the oven.
If the toothpick is clean, leave the loaf on the counter and turn the oven off.
Safety--use a hot pad to remove the loaf from the oven as the pan will be very hot.
Let the loaf sit and cool for ten minutes