And I am not exaggerating, rather I am being modest. because some of my files have lasting thirty years, and perhaps they last so much.
The files, when they are well used, must last many years.
- Do'nt use them on materials that can fill them
- Do'nt use them on hard materials as foundry, hard steel or glass that can dent it
- Do'nt touch the dents with the fingers. The fingers always contain grease and harmful dirt.
- Do'nt to leave them to the bleakness
- Do'nt to wet them with water
- If they are wet, dry them at once
- Do'nt heat them too much. In fact, don't heat them ANYTHING
- Maintain them cleans
Step 1: The Secret: a Sheath.
Recently bought the file, and BEFORE beginning to use it, I make it a sheath that protects it inside the toolbox, because otherwise the close contact with the other tools dents him the edge. The sheath can be made of plastic, metal or any material. I don't believe more explanations are necessary, the pictures are self-explanatory.