These cupcakes are simply delicious, easy to make with a light and fluffy texture!
Step 1: Making the Cupcakes
- Mix together 100g plain flour, 20g cocoa powder, 140g caster sugar (if you use icing sugar still works but less sweet), 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 40g salted butter and mix all until everything combined and a sandy type of consistency.
- Next wisk in 120ml whole milk, 1 egg and 1/4 tsp vanilla until combined - mixture is relatively stiff but still runs.
- Spoon into cases (until about half full - mixture rises a lot) and then put into an oven at 170C (325C, Gas 3) for around 20 minutes until cooked and a knife inserted in comes out clean
- Eat or allow to cool to ice!
You should get around 12 cupcakes out of this recipe - I used muffin cases so really large cupcakes! :)
Step 2: Icing Time!
This icing is like a chocolate fudge icing - absolutely delicious - nice just to eat by itself - this recipe will make plenty of icing - covered around 36 cupcakes so far and I still have about half left! Will keep in fridge for a week or more! :)
- Melt 100g milk chocolate in a double boiler (or in microwave heating at 20s intervals and stirring)
- When melted remove bowl from heat, cream together 200g salted butter and 400g icing sugar in another large bowl and slowly combine in chocolate to mixture.
- Add 4 tbsp. of cocoa powder and 2 tbsp. of milk and mix until smooth
- Ice cake!