Hi everyone, last time I saw a funny robot to teach kids robotics(you can get more information on their Kickstarter page). But I am more interested in the graphical programming language mBlock. It is said to be a free graphical programming environment (based on Scratch 2.0) with new features of allowing you to program Arduino and robotics. Users can download from here http://mblock.cc/download/.
For now, 15+ improvements and 50+ hardware-related script blocks have been made for kids to program easily. Here are some features may interest you:
- Based on scratch 2.0 developed by MIT Media Lab, beautiful interface and easy for everyone.
- Free & source code: the software is free and support Window & Mac system. We will also open the source code later.
- Support wireless communication: Bluetooth, 2.4GHz wireless serial and WIFI are supported.
- Easy to use: No extension file! No plug-in! The easiest way to program your Arduino and robots.
- Arduino mode: perfect for every beginner to transition from graphical programming to text-based programming.
Step 1: Install the Software MBlock
You can download from http://mblock.cc/download/. The software is supported Mac&Windows system.
Step 2: Prepare Your Robots
mBlock is said to support standard Arduino board. If you have Arduino boards or robots, I think you can try referring to http://mblock.cc/gettingstarted/. But for me, I think I am lucky to receive a closed beta mBot in advance.
Step 3: Write Scripts(use Remote Controller to Control MBot)
It may be complex for beginner, but I think it is more easier for text-based coding.
Step 4: Generate Arduino Code
I love this function very much! It is perfect for every beginner to transition from graphical programming to text-based programming.