Introduction: Hungarian Peach Pie
You can use semi-ripe or fully ripe peach, but not too soft ones. However, don't subs to canned peaches!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Method
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 150 grams butter
- 3 tbsp heavy cream (35 %)
- 2 yolks
- a dash of salt
- 70 grams icing sugar
- grated skin of 1/2 lemon
- Slices of peeled and stoned peaches.
- 60 grams whole wheat flour
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 50 grams butter
- Cut in butter into flour, mix until coarse. Add in heavy cream, yolks, salt, icing sugar and grated lemon peel. Mix well, let rest for 1/2 hour. Meanwhile mix the crumbs ingredients, let rest in the fridge for 1/2 hour. Roll the crust, place onto pie plate. Place the peeled and sliced peaches in the center then top with crumbs.
- Preheated oven to 350 F, bake pie for 20-25 minutes let reduce to 300 F and bake for 10-15 minutes longer.
- To avoid too dark crust, wrap with aluminum foil before baking.
- Serve warm is extra delicious!
- Enjoy :)
Runner Up in the
Pi Day Challenge 2016