Introduction: I-C-U 007 Spectacles
This Instructable is a very easy one and comes in handy for any would be spy!
Every good spy needs to always have someone covering his back, but what happens when you have to go it alone behind enemy lines? This is a solution for just such occasions. Enter the I-C-U 007 Specs. They supply the needed 'eyes in the back of your head' that your partner would have provided. Super simple, this can be done in only 10-15 minutes or less with only a minimum of tools.
OK so lets get to it... the bad guys are lurking behind you!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
The first order of business is to gather the proper tools and materials. Here is the list that I used but you can modify some of them to make use of items you have in your toolbox!
Materials and Tools
1. A pair of sunglasses
2. An old CD you no longer want
3. Duct tape
4. Tin snips
5. End cutting pliers
Step 2: Get Cutting!
Now we're getting into the nitty gritty!
Put your glasses on to prevent any flying material from getting into your eyes.
Take your tin snips and cut into the CD!
What you are looking to do is to cut a small piece of the CD out, about the size of your thumb in a rectangle shape. You will be using the shiny side (top) of the CD so make sure there isn't and writing or graphics on the part you cut out. As you are cutting you will notice that there will be small stress fractures along where you are cutting. Don't worry about that right now, we'll get to that in a minute. The CD will most likely lose the back plastic panel as well but again that doesn't matter.
Once you have your rectangle cut out, take your end cutting pliers and snip the edges to get rid of the stress fractures. Now you have a nice clean edge!
Step 3: Duct Tape... It Holds the World Together!
Now that you have your little piece of CD you need to attach it to your glasses. How do we do that??? With every spy's best friend... duct tape!
1. Rip off a piece of tape about 2 inches in length. Now take that piece and fold it lengthwise into thirds back on itself. Pic 1 on this page. Now you have one long piece of double sided tape about the same height as your little CD. Pic 2 on this page.
2. Place one end of the tape on the CD. pic 3 on this page.
3. Making S-folds, continue folding the tape back on itself until you are done. Pics 4,5 and 6 on this page.
Step 4: The Right Position
Finding the correct position is the trickiest part of this whole deal but still very easy because if you don't have it just right you can pull it off and try again!
1. Holding the CD piece up to but not on the glasses lens with one hand as in pic. 1 on this page, slide the glasses on your head.
2. Move the CD around in very small movements to get the desired angle so you can see behind yourself. The best placement is near the middle of the lens.
3. Sick it on!
Note: The position is flat to your eye and does not conform to the angle of the glasses. Pictures 2 and 3.
Step 5: Your Back Is Covered!
That was easy right!!
Now your back is covered when you go deep into enemy territory!
Check out the finished project in picture 1.
In picture 2 you can see the reflection of a thumb in the CD!
Enjoy and be careful.
This message will self destruct in 10 seconds!
Participated in the