This instructables show how to use IKEA SEKOND Cord Set to make a 8 Inches Pendant Moon Lamp.
Step 1: Preparation
IKEA SEKOND Cord Set
Any color variation is ok:
White textile: https://www.ikea.com/hk/en/catalog/products/603863...
Red textile: https://www.ikea.com/hk/en/catalog/products/50386...
E27 Light Bulb
IKEA SEKOND cord set rated support max 22W light bulb, white light or warm light depends on your preference. However, since the Moon lamp shade is a closed sphere, unlike other lamp shade, you cannot put on and off the light bulb after screw up the cord set. The only hole of the Moon lamp shade is the screw socket for the cord set. So beware the diameter of light but should not larger than that hole, i.e. 38 mm.
Step 2: 3D Printing
Please download and print the Moon lamp shade from thingiverse:
I have tried over an month for successfully print the Moon lamp shade. Here is some notes about that:
- Slic3r introduce too much stringing on the over hang part
- Don't use poor quality filament, it waste too much time for unexpected problems
- Prusa Stealth mode very easy to loss steps
- Turn on Collision detection can recover some loss steps
And here is my success settings:
- Cura 4.0 with imported Prusa i3 MK3 profile
- 0.15 mm layer default setting
- 100% infill
- no support
- no adhesive
- use masking tape increase surface adhesive
Step 3: Screw Up
- Screw up the light bulb to the cord set
- Screw up Moon lamp shade to the cord set
Step 4: Happy Home Decoration!
It's time to enjoy your sweet home ;>