Need to leave your plants alone or tired to water them every day? Or do it wrong? See how to solve it with IKEA cheap furniture and a few simple tools.
In less than 1hour you will settle 4 plants
Step 1: Holes
Take the "vase" and make 5 simmetrical holes at the base, of the same size of the rope, NO LARGER.
Step 2: Ropes
- Take the rope, cut 5 pieces length as 2.5 times the height of the SUNNERSTA.
- Make a simple knot on one rope, at a "vase height "distance from the end.
- More "vases", more ropes, make your maths.
Step 3: Ropes Insertion
- Take the longest part of the rope (the knot is the reference) and insert it from inside to outside at the base
- Tweezers may help you!
- Now don't pull al the rope but just a small part
Step 4: The Plant
- Remove the plant from the original vase gently.
- Model the ground to fit better the IKEA "vase"
- Free the terminal roots carefully
- Take the "vase" and move the external ropes at the corners, leave the central one wherever is it
- Fit the plant basement into the vase, keeping the ropes at the corners as better as possible.
Step 5: Pull
- Now you should have a part of the ropes outside the base vase
- Pull every rope, until the knot stops the rope.
Step 6: The "VARIERA"
- If you want to make the garden on a wall, buy the rail and mount it following is own instruction (write it here would it be pretty ridiculous no?Of an Ikea item...c'mn)
- Take you VARIERA Storage Box and fill it with 2liters of water and a proportional dosage of VÄXER fertilizer (half plug).
The water should be close the bottom of the "vase"
- Add all the vases and immerse the ropers into water
- 4 SUMMERSTA is the limit but we have space to move them and do some refills with a bottle
- ENJOY YOUR GARDEN!
Step 8: How It Works?
Is pretty simply: capillarity. The water slowly rises up the rope until it reaches the ground of the plant. The rope and the ground will stay always in the water balance,a kinda of osmosis. 5 ropes, with 4 at corners for reach every single point of the the ground.
- For one week and maybe more the garden will be fine.
- IF SEEMS that your plant is receiving TOO MUCH WATER, just cut one rope or more. For example, my Rosemary is watered with just 2 ropes.
- If your plant needs different watering for a precise period, just lift off one or more rope and fit it between the SUNNERSTA and VAREIRA.
- With 5 ropes, in spring, the ground will be always wet untill the surface.
This is an entry in the