Intro: Ice Cream in a Bag
Want a quick snack to cool down this summer?
Make some ice cream! Here's a quick way to easily make a great tasting treat using ingredients from around the kitchen! Fast, easy, fun, and yum!
Step 1: Materials/Ingredients
1 Gallon Ziploc bag
1 Sandwich Ziploc bag
1/2 cup half & half
1 Tbs sugar
4 Tbs salt (rock/kosher salt)
1 cup water
Ice (to fill gallon bag half-way)
- 1/4 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- About 3 Tbs of chocolate Nesquik (or as much as you want!)
- Coffee Syrup (as much as you want!)
Step 2: The Bag
1. Fill the gallon Ziploc half-way with crushed ice
2. Pour the 4 Tbs of salt and cup of water into the bag
3. Store the bag of stuff in the freezer for later
Step 3: The Cream
1. Mix the 1/2 cup of half & half, 1 Tbs of sugar, and the flavoring of your choice together
2. Pour all of it into the sandwich sized Ziploc bag and squeeze most of the air out
Step 4: The Shake
1. Remove the gallon Ziploc bag with the ice, water, and salt from the freezer
2. Put the bag with the cream, sugar, and flavoring inside of the larger bag (and make sure the small bag is tightly sealed!)
3. Zip up the larger bag and begin shaking
This part should last at least 5 minutes. It could take longer depending on how cold everything is. Also, if the bag is too cold to hold, wrap a towel around everything and continue shaking.
4. After every few minutes, look at/feel the smaller bag to see if it is like ice cream
5. When everything in the small bag becomes like ice cream, remove the smaller bag from the larger one
Step 5: The Ice Cream
Open the bag and..... Voila! You made your own ice cream!
Put it in a bowl and enjoy your homemade, in-a-bag ice cream!