You bought copper string light(s) powered by solar panel + 3.7V Lithium battery and the PCB controller stopped working?
You bought copper string light(s) powered by 1.5V AA or 3V CR2032 batteries and they are not bright enough?
You want them to be bright and visible from a distance?
You want them to be small enough to be put in props for Holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Saint Patrick's Day, else?
Can be done with 9V Batteries!
THINGS YOU NEED:
- Wires (red/black) if needed
- 9v Battery Connectors (Available on eBay and Amazon)
- Tools to cut, trim, crimp
- Soldering tools if needed
- Heat shrink tubing for wires if needed
THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT:
- 2 Pin Waterproof Connectors if needed (Available on eBay and Amazon)
^ I like the 2 Pin Connectors because it allow me to change string colors (red, green, blue, warm white, cool white, else) or power sources (Solar, AA, USB, else). It also allow me to use LED controller (8 modes) if I want to.
* I am not an expert nor do I have a degree in electronics stuff. I am a Do It Yourself guy who like to open, fix, and upgrade electronics stuff. I either watch videos on YouTube or learn by myself doing things. I do not have high tech pricey tools. When I first started doing this, I accidentally killed or damaged the Solar Panel PCB (printed circuit board) controller and a small volt meter that I used to adjust the volt boost step up module.
* This instruction is only for copper string lights powered by USB (5V), Solar (3.7V Lithium Battery), 3V CR2032 or AA (1.5V) batteries. This based on my own experiences with them.
* I have bought multiples (red, blue, green, purple, warm white, cool white) copper string lights from different sellers on eBay and Amazon. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME BUT NOT ALL STRINGS ARE THE SAME. I have found some strings with USB plug, AA, CR2032 or Lithium batteries can be powered less than 12V but some with POWER PLUG ADAPTER must be powered at 12V.
* Some copper string lights come with a diode on it. I have removed them from all string lights.
Step 1: Removing / Cutting String Wires
String wires with USB plug have diode attached. I removed them because they started getting very hot (smoking) when tested at 12V.
Step 2: 2-Pin Waterproof Connectors for Strings
Step 3: 2-Pin Waterproof Connectors & 9V Battery Connectors
Step 4: Ready to Use
They all should be inspected, checked, tested, and ready to go.
I hope this instruction have somehow been helpful for you.