I wanted an easy to locate switch for my door solenoid lock. The original works but it's just not eye catching.
Step 1: Removing the Bland Switch.
I just plain cut the wiring off the old switch. I put it away in storage.
Step 2: Making a Hole for the New Switch.
The new pushbutton switch needed a 22mm hole in the mounting plate. I used a hole saw to make it.
Step 3: Wiring the New Switch.
Using my soldering station I wired up the new switch. Sadly the hole I cut was a bit bigger than 22mm so I kept the lock nut in the front and a cable tie to keep it in place in the back.
Step 4: Completion!
The new switch is led lighted and looks so much cooler!