Nobody has the perfect life. I'm sure when everybody wants to change their life drasticly, but never get around to it. It's easy to change your life, just take it one simple step at a time. Each week try a new step, take it slow, it doesn't all need to be done in a day
Please post suggestions and results!
Note: I notice that this instructable has been getting lots of attention, and lots of people are mentioning the spelling errors, I've corrected these, and when I find time, i will hopefully add to this instructable to give more tips thing you can do to stay happy and healthy.
Step 1: The Morning
Everyone says that breakfast is your post important meal, well all meals are important, but breakfast is the first food you get since dinner which was 10,12,15 hours ago. How you wake up can change your day.
1. Put your alarm clock out of reach, stops you from hitting snooze and being late.
2. Get out of the bedroom immediatly, this will keep your brain from thinking that an extra 5 minutes in bed is ok.
3. When you go into the bathroom in the morning, fill your hands with cold water and splash your face, scrub that cold water in, this helps alot in the morning.
4. Wake up earlier. This week set your alarm 10 minutes earlier, next week 5 minutes earlier, keep doing this until you have a comprimise of sleep and time in the morning.
5. Go to bed a little bit earlier, instead of flipping channels, listen to quite, peaceful music while you lie in bed.
6. Eat a good breakfast, it will keep hunger off your mind until lunch.
7. Give yourself enough time in the morning to prevent from rushing, rushing can cause stress and ruin your day.
8. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the morning, eat your breakfast in the backyard or balcony, drink your coffee there, this can bring that extra little zen, or happiness into your life, having that one picture perfect moment can really help
Step 2: Less Clutter More Life.
This is probably one of the harder things to do, clean up. This doesn't just mean where you live, clutter in your life can be stress, boring mind numbing day in day out stuff, or anything that kicks you in the crutch as you climb toward happiness.
1. Start by clean a few things up everyday, when you are going from one room to the next, bring anything with you that needs to go into a specific place, if your waiting for a meal to cook, clean the dishes from the last one, your living area doesn't need to be perfectly clean in one day, take it slowly. When you take something out, put it back once your done, prevent clutter instead of trying to clean it.
2. take out the boringness of your life, make origami instead of hopelessly flicking channels, try something new everyday, wether its reading a book in a tree or witting random poetry, something new makes the whole day different.
3. Get away from the average consumerist life. Read an exciting book instead of watching brain rotting TV. I'm not saying to chuck the TV out the window instead, Go out and take a walk in the forest, take pictures that will inspire you. Heck take your camera everywhere looking for creative art (post your stuff in the comments on this page!)it doesn't have to be worth 10 000 bucks, it just has to make you think.
4. Don't wear clothes that everybody else wears, find shirt and sweater with bright colours, or find something that looks cool, feels good to wear, or find something that you'd just love wearing.
5. Have routine, with times of the day for differences, the entire day doesn't have to be planned, the after dinner hour doesn't have to be spent watching TV or reading a book, do something exhilarating, ride your bike fast when it turns dark out, yell stuff loudly, feel free, it surprisingly fun, and it ends the day with a bang.
Step 3: Eating
Everybody eats, I love eating. Eating brings me new experiences everyday, new combinations, new tastes and new energy. I'm sure I'm going to start sounding like a diet but these simples steps can help you feel great inside and out.
1. Eat colour, real colour. Eat brightly coloured fruits and vegetables. Eat less of the preserved, toxic, packaged food, food that will not go bad for 3 years can't be good for you. Everyday scientists are finding more products that can kill you if you eat enough, so far nobody's found problems with good real food. Snack on fruit, fruits are full of good nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and of course, natural sugars. These natural sugars are much better than those chemical ones. Snack on fruit, try a new piece of fruit or veggie every week, you might find something you like. Good meals don't have to be already made, buy meat from the deli counter, buy fresh fruits and veggie, get plain uncooked pasta, get bread from the bakery. Eating foods like those can make you feel good, and can turn your body against the toxic foods.
2. Eat good portions, serve yourself around a plates amount, instead of going for seconds right away, wait a few minutes, talk with the people around the table, communicate. If you still feel hungry after that, eat a small portion more, if you are still hungry eat a little bit more, seconds shouldn't be another full meal.
3. Make your meal look pretty, when you serve yourself place the food nicely, and a little bit parsley over top, or maybe some pine nuts, fresh snip of a green leaf, anything that makes the meal look pretty, this can really make you feel better about the meal you're about to eat, and even make it taste better
4. When you pact a meal, pack a little more than necessary, you might want a snack or get hungry on the way home. This can save a little bit misery and brighten your day.
Step 4: Exersise
Nobody really likes doing exercise much. I'm an elite athlete and I hate doing my fitness. Motivation and train methods help make it easier.
1. Avoid the gym. Most people probably don't know how to correctly use gym equipment or more importantly don't want to be seen working out if they aren't in shape. A fit, happy body can be achieved without a gym or weights, or a trainer.
2. Start easy, do as much as you can, than just a little more, than finish. Motivate yourself, instead of just going for a run, go somewhere, take books back to the library, run to the mailbox, run to the grocery store and reward yourself with your favorite fruit. Have a goal to be met when running, say your going to go the store to get the little item you need, not only will you be completing a chore, getting exercise, saving the environment, but you will also be making yourself better inside and out, you don't need to have a BOW FLEX body, you just have to feel good with your body, without settling for less.
3. Lose the scale. Scale don't help. I've been losing body fat but gaining almost 10 pounds, it's not because I'm getting fat, it's because I'm building muscle. It easy, stretch, do your 15 push ups when you wake up, make your fitness easy fun and exciting. Cardio doesn't have to be sitting on a bike for an hour, if there are forest trails near by, run around them, bounce, be a little bit crazy, you don't need focus, you need FUN!!!!, fun burns more energy, and burns up that stress.
4. Go out and play sports, remember have fun, change the rules, lose the scoreboard, have fun. Make non-contact sports contact, remember the more fun you have, the more energy you'll burn.
5. Scales lie! Many, many people notice that their weight changes throughout the, try and see, weigh yourself at least 5 times in a day, when you gain 2 pounds don't get upset and go on a deit for a month, if you gain 10 pounds, try a little bit more exercise, dieting makes you gain more weight, when you don't each as much, the body stores more of the food and makes you GAIN weight.
Step 5: More to Come
It doesn't stop here, I'll keep posting. Take life by the horns, be creative leave comments of results, suggestions or how you make your life better each day!
A new step, a new week. Change your lifestyle, change your life. Feel free.