Curry is an integral part of an Indian meal. Different regions have their own style and tradition of making curry.
Indian chicken gravy is easy, quick and very delicious basic curry made with simple ingredients. This recipe is specially developed for bachelors, students, and new cooks. This goes well with plain rice and few sliced onions.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Chicken – 500 grams with bone cut into small pieces
- Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt (as required)
Step 2: Ginger-Garlic Paste Preparation
- Add in Garlic and Ginger mix it in a Blender and puree.
- Keep the Ginger-Garlic paste aside.
- Begin the Chicken Marination.
Step 3: Marinade
- Take chicken in a bowl.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder.
- Add salt as per the requirements.
- Add little ginger garlic paste.
- Now give this a good mix.
Step 4: Saute the Ingredients
- Heat the pressure cooker.
- Add 200ml of Oil into the cooker.
- Add in Sliced onions, saute till it turns pink.
- Add in a ginger-garlic paste which was prepared earlier.
- Mix well.
- Cook till oil separates.
Step 5: Cook the Chicken
- Add in spice powders.
- Mix well.
- Add the marinade chicken.
- Mix chicken with the marination ingredients
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Saute for 3 - 5 mins.
Step 6: Let the Whistle Go
- Cover the lid of the cooker and cook on a low flame for about 10 - 15 mins for the chicken to let out moisture. **It may vary depending on the age of the chicken or the size of the piece.
- Pressure cook on a medium heat for 3 - 4 whistles.
- Now turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
- Taste the gravy and adjust the salt.
- When the gravy reaches a desired consistency switch off the stove.
- Add some coriander leaves. Keep covered until you serve.
Step 7: Serve With Love
Serve chicken curry with rice, jeera rice, ghee rice or chapati. Also, have a simple raita or onion wedges to go on the side.
Enjoy Hot Indian Chicken Gravy with your meal. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
That's all Foodie's.Thank you.