Masala Omelette is one of the quickest and tastiest recipe for breakfast with toasted bread slices. It also makes an easy brunch, light lunch or dinner.
It tastes awesome and satisfying with full of tempting flavors. This traditional Indian dish can be prepared with minimal ingredients. In this recipe, the eggs are whisked and mixed in the great Indian masala. People also like to eat masala omelette placed between two pieces of toasted bread & with some sauce. It also makes a filling breakfast dish when rolled it up inside a chapatti.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Eggs - 3
- Onions chopped - 2
- Tomatoes chopped - 2
- Green onions chopped - 2
- Green Chilli - 2
- Capsicum chopped - 1 (Optional)
- Coriander leaves - A handful
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Oil / Butter - 1 to 2 tsp / 1 small cube
- Salt to taste
For easy audio and video instruction with subtitles, please watch,
Step 2: Initial Preparation
- Wash and chop onion, tomato, chilli, capsicum and coriander leaves to fine pieces.
- In a small bowl , add turmeric pwd, salt, red chilly pwd, pepper pwd and garam masala pwd.
- Break the eggs directly into a bowl and beat them till frothy.
- Add the powdered spices and salt to beaten eggs and stir well.
- After mixing well, keep it aside.
Step 3: Cooking
- Heat butter/oil in a non stick pan on medium flame.
- Add chopped onions to the pan. Let it cook till they turn translucent or start turning light brown.
- Add Coriander leaves, green chilli, tomato and capsicum.
- Spread them evenly on the pan.
- Leave it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture slowly spreading it on the pan.
- Spread the liquid evenly.
- Let it cook for sometime on medium or low medium heat.
- When the stuff almost dries, check the bottomm whether is cooked and able to flip and if it is golden brown.
- Now flip it over to other side by covering the pan with plate and turning the pan upside down.
- Slide it back to the pan.
- Gently press it down with a ladle.
- Once both the sides are cooked to golden, remove from heat.
- Your healthy Masala Omelette is ready..!
Step 4: Serving
- Serve hot with Indian roti, bread slice or as it is with any dip.
- We enjoyed it with tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.
If you liked the recipe then please LIKE, SHARE our video SUBSCRIBE to our channel.
Step 5: Few Tips
- Always beat the eggs separately, before mixing it with the spicy ingredients.
- You can sprinkle little bit of oil and run a spoon inside the omelette for cooking from inside as well.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients as per your taste.
- To make omelette more spicy and flavorful , you can add more freshly chopped coriander leaves and green chilly.