Introduction: Indian Style Chicken Curry
There are thousands of dishes possible to prepare using chicken and in this instructable I'm going to show you how to make Chicken Curry Indian style. This is a spicy and tasty curry that could be served with bread or with rice.
Step 1: Ingredients
Here is what you need to add to your shopping list
- 250 Grams of Chicken
- 3 Coconut pieces
- 3 Chili
- 2 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- 2 tea spoon Chili Powder
- 2 tea spoon Coriander Powder
- 2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Curry Leaves
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
Step 2: Dicing
- First, lets start with dicing the tomatoes.
- If you don't have ginger garlic paste, cut small pieces of ginger and the same quantity of garlic
- Cut the Chilis into small sized bits
Step 3: Blending
Blend the cut tomatoes, ginger, garlic, coconut, chili and about half a cup of water into a thick paste as shown in the picture.
Step 4: Pressure Cooker
- In a pressure cooker add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil and let it heat up.
- Add Colves and stir
- Add onions and stir till it gets golden Brown.
Step 5: Cooking
- After the onions are golden brown add some mint leaves and 2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste.
- Next add 2 tablespoons of salt, 2 teaspoons of chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and stir.
Step 6: Cooking 2
- Next add in the chicken and stir till it is partially cooked.
- Once it is partially cooked add the paste you created earlier and stir.
- Next close the pressure cooker and allow it to cook for 10-15 mins.
Step 7: Serving
After 10 to 15 mins your chicken curry is cooked and ready to be served this curry goes well with bread or with rice. You could garnish it with coriander and Mint leaves.