Fried dishes are quite popular in southern India as it makes a good evening snack to grab. Bondas are quite popular as a quick snack and it's fairly easy to make.
In this instructable I'm going to show you how to prepare Indian style onion Bonda.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
For this recipe you will need
- One Cup of Gram Flour
- 3 Table spoons of Corn Flour
- 2 Chopped Onions
Step 2: Batter
- First, start with mixing the corn flour powder and the gram flour powder together.
- Add some water to make it a paste.
Step 3: Mixing
- Next add onions and chilies.
- Mix till all the ingredients are evenly spread.
- Next add some chopped coriander and salt and continue mixing.
Step 4: Fry
- Once you have a mixture of like the one shown in the image, it is time to deep fry it.
- To deep fry add oil in a frying pan and bring it to boiling point.
- Once the oil is hot add small chunks of the batter into the hot oil and fry with medium heat.
Step 5: Finishing
After deep frying, use a strainer to stain off the excess oil and serve it with chilies sauce and chutney for better flavor.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017