Intro: Indigo Led Cube 3*3*3 With Adxl35 and Potentiometer
This is first time for me to publish an Instructables.
I have made a 3*3*3 led cube with Arduino uno
Additional features of this one is that the led can move according to the movement of its platform .
And the pattern of the led can be varied according to our need by the use of potentiometer.
The color indigo is pleasant to watch in led cube .
Play and have fun.
Step 1: Components
- 27 x 5mm blue Led
- 3 x NPN transistor (i used bc 548)
- Arduino uno
- 3 x 1k Resistor
- ADXL345 Accelerometer
- 1k potentiometer
- Male header pins
- Soldering equipments
- Jumper wire as required
Step 2: FRAMING THE TEMPLATE
- Take a cardboard and mark square with 5cm square and seprate it as 4 square with side 2..5cm.
- Drill holes on the point in the picture .
Step 3: FRAMING THE LED CUBE
- Place the leds in the holes in such a way that the cathode(negative) of the led pin is bent to touch the cathode of the next led.
Solder the cathode and make sure that on soldering the cathode-anode do not touches each other.
Form the base layer by soldering .
Make another 2 layers the similar way as done..
Keep the layer above one another and hold it rigid using some aligator clips.
Solder the anode of the led in the base layer and mid layer.
Then do the same for the top layer with mid layer
- The led cube is formed.
- Solder the led cube to the perf board at the points(9 points).
Step 4: Extending the LED
- Extend the points from the led cathode(9 points) by using wire and solder it.
- From each layer of the cathode extend a wire to the perf board and solder it.
- Now all the anode(9) and cathode(3) are soldered.
Step 5: ADDING TRANSISTORS
- Connect the transistor as on the image .
- Add the base pin to the arduino digital pin through a 1k resistor.
- Connect the Emitter pin to the GND.
- Connect the collector pin to the cathode of the led layer.
Step 6: ADDING ADDITIONAL PARTS
- Connect the accelerometer as shown in the diagram.
- Connect the ends of the Potentiometer to the 5v and Gnd of arduino and the middle terminal to the analog input A0.
- Connect SDA of accelerometer to A4 of arduino and SCL of accelerometer to A5.
Step 7: CODING AND PLAYING
- By varying the pot the pattern varies .
- Play with arduino and have some fun.
- ledcube_adxl345 file is for pot and led_all is for pot.
Step 8: FINALLY DONE.....
- PLAY WITH IT HAVE FUN.
- FEEL FREE TO ASK QUERIES.
- IF THE INFORMATION IS NOT CONSIDERABLE PLEASE CONSIDER AND FEEL FREE TO ASK.
- LOOK IN THE LINK TO SEE HOW IT WORKS.