Introduction: Inexpensive Variable Power Supply
Simple Power supply from LM2596 assembled module.
Can give output up to 35V.
Range 1.25V - 35V
Current up to safe 2.5A
1. 2 Banana jacks for output
2. 1 Ammeter connection + its output
3. 1 External Voltmeter Connection (Can be used for output also)
4. USB output via Ammeter connection
5. DC Input via USB or Barrel Connector
6. 5mm LED for indication
7. DC Power switch
Step 1: Components Needed
1 x External 30V 3A Power Adapter
1 x Barrel connector female
2 x Female Usb
1 x 5mm LED with holder
1 x 1.2kohm Resistor
1 x Slide switch
1 x Small cabel gland
DC DC Buck converter LM2596 Module
10 x Banana connectors Female
2 x 12 Channel Terminal strip (to be cut into desired channels and be looped)
(Here I have used 4 channels 4 pieces looped one end)
Step 2: Drilling and Cutting
Position the components accordingly as required
I used a Power plus Die grinder for various drilling.
Step 3: Glued Fitting
These components needs to be glued to stay firm in place.
LED with holder
Step 4: Circuit
1. Ammeter jacks can be jumped to use the third Output jacks on the right.
2. Voltmeter on board will not display less than 4.5V. Use the Yellow jacks with external Multimeter in voltage mode.
Step 5: Assembled
All connections made and ready to test.
Step 6: Samples
1. Battery bank charged via USB with current Indication.
2. 5V Output
3. 12V Output
Sudharshan A made it!