READ THE CIRCUIT EXPLANATION FOR UNDERSTANDING AND INNOVATION...
This is a simple circuit based on basic concept of electronics. Its mainly a counter circuit that is triggered by infrared signal(of 38 kHz range i.e. any remote). Can control single appliance(or multiple appliances in cascaded way). ENJOY... LAZINESS AT HOME!!! again...
Step 1: Circuit Component
The components required are :
- CD4017 (Decade counter)
- BC547 Transistor(BC547)
- BC558 Transistor
- TSOP1738 (Infrared Reciever)
- Capacitor 0.1uF, 100uF
- Resistance 1K, 10K, 100 Ohms
- LED 2 pcs,
- Relay (5V, 6V)
This is all you need... only Rs.70-80(max)!!
Step 2: Circuit Diagram
Step 3: Circuit Explanation
- TSOP1738 is the IR receiver which acts as the trigger to the decade counter i.e. CD4017(10 state).
- TSOP1738 has output of 5V normally(unexcited) when IR light falls on it, 0V appears that generates a pulse.
- The output of TSOP1738 is passed to base of transistor BC558(PNP) which acts like a switch as the base gets the signal from TSOP1738 the collector pin give 5V output to give CLOCK pulse for CD4017.
- Q0 is the first state of CD4017, when clock pulse comes from the IR RECEIVER and Transistor to CD4017 its state changes from Q0 to Q1(OFF to ON). Q1 connected to BC547(NPN- when triggered gives 0V) to relay.
- Second time signal from IR receiver changes the state to Q2 that is connected to reset so state eventually comes to Q0(OFF).
NOW OWN INNOVATIVE IDEAS CAN MAKE MORE THAN MORE APPLIANCE WORK BY THE USE OF OTHER STATES (Q0-Q9)...
Any remote's any button can trigger the circuit as it only detects 38 kHz IR signal nothing else.(NO CODING NO BUTTON BIASING)