Introduction: Infrared Phone Based Night Vision
How cool will it be if you build a night vision for your smartphone??
In this guide i will show you how to make an infrared night vision for your phone.
Step 1: Materials
What you'll need:
1) Infrared LEDs, the more the better your night vision will be.
2) Soldering breadboard.
4) A power source, here i used a Li 3.7V battery.
5) Glasses box (or any other container that can attach to your pants).
6) A phone (don't worry we wont be doing any changes on it).
8) Hot glue gun (with glue of course..).
9) Soldering Iron.
10) Phone case (a one that matches your phone) i recommend using a black one.
11) Pocket knife.
12) Disk pen.
Step 2: Battery Case
Start with soldering the to wires to the battery, than make a hole in the box using the pocket knife, the positive goes to the switch IMPORTANT! solder it like in photo No.1 when the wires go out of the hole. Now make a hole in the top and solder the wires from the switch and the battery to the wires that are going of the top like in pic No.1 (my wires are in an isolation tube, it is not a must but i recommend using it).
Now use hot glue to glue the switch to the box like in the last photo.
1) Use a shrinking isolation tube in order to protect the solders and to prevent wires touching each other.
2) Glue the wires coming out of the top to the box.
3) Cover the solders on the battery with tape.
Step 3: Phone Case Adjusting
As you can see in the first picture i tried to paint my case in black (which did not work, but that's because of the case i'm using so try too).
In the four next photos as you can see you should organized the LEDs on the breadboard in rows, after that solder the negative and positive legs of the LEDs each together, that than goes to the wires coming out of the battery part.
Now, take a plastic box cover and use a disk pen to mark the LEDs places on it like in pic No.6 and now like in pic No.6 cut holes on the marks, than cut a rectangle shape in the size of the breadboard and and insert the LEDs to the holes and glue them just like in pic No.8.
The next step is the glue the breadboard to the phone case and to sue it using a wire.
For finishing check that your system works (you should be able to see the LEDs only on the camera like in the last photo).
Now your phone based night vision is ready!!
Hope you enjoyed this guide, check out my other inscrutables and dont forget to vote for me on the Epilog, Battery powered and Green designing contests .
Any comments and questions will be accepted gladly.