In this Instructable you can learn how to install Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi 2 B using Windows.
Things you'll need:
- A PC with windows
- A Raspberry Pi Model 2 B
- A 4GB or larger SD Card
- A Micro-USB cable
- A HDMI cable or a Composite cable
- Any power supply (phone charger, powerbank, laptop, etc.
- A Screen or a TV
- USB keyboard
- LAN cable
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Downloading Raspbian and Win32 Disk Imager
- First of all start downloading the Raspbian image from the Raspberry Pi site (this could take some time)
- Download Win32 Disk Imager.
- Click on the downloaded file and follow the installation procedure.
- Now wait till Raspbian is downloaded and extract the image using any program (Explorer, WinRAR, 7-zip, etc.)
You have now installed Win32 Disk Imager and downloaded Raspbian
Step 2: Flashing Your Image
- Put your SD card in your SD card slot or any other SD card reader.
- Open Win32 Disk Imager if you haven't done that already.
- Change your device to the letter from your SD card.
- Click on the blue folder and navigate to the extracted image.
- Click on the Write button
- After the writing is done you can remove the SD card
Step 3: Starting Your Raspberry Pi
- Put your micro SD card in the slot
- Connect the HDMI or the Composite cable to the Raspberry Pi and your TV
- Select the right source on your TV
- Put your micro-USB cable in your power supply and your Raspberry Pi
- If you done everything right it should now start up.
Step 4: Configuring Basic Settings
- First select option you want to change using the arrow keys
- Press Enter
List of options you may want to change
- Expand filesystem (So you can use all the space)
- Internationalisation Options -> Timezone
- -> Locale (Use space to select locales)
- Advanced -> SSH