No nail polish? No problem! :D
For this tutorial you will be needing the following materials:
1. Small nail scissors
2. Nail Glue
3. Clear Scotch Tape
5. Black artifical press on nails
6. Printed Intructable Robots and Letters
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Getting Prepared!
- First look for a picture of the Instructable robot.
- Save the image onto your computer and then paste the image onto a blank document. Make sure to shrink the image small enough so that it can be placed onto the artifical nail.
- Change the writing font to chiller. The font size should be kept at 12. Then type the word using caps: A R T ! or R O B O T
* Make sure to space out the letters. This will make cutting the letters out a lot easier.
Step 2: Cut Outs!
- Now cut each indivdual letter and robot character using the small nail scissors
Step 3: Paste and Shade!
- Grab the nail glue and apply a drop onto an artifical thumb nail.
- Using your tweezers pick up the tiny instructable character and place it on top of the nail. Lightly press down on the character to get it to fully stick on.
- Now take a sharpie and cover the rest of the white paper edges on the robot. (This will make it look nice and neat :D
Step 4: Tape It Down and Press It On!
- Using the small nail scissors cut a piece of clear scotch tape and place over half of the nail.
- Press down and try to get as many air bubbles out.
- Then cut off the excess tape (make sure to cut the tape along the edge of the nail and as close as possible)
- Repeat these steps for the top half of the nail.
- When you are done simply press on the nail and your good to go! :)
* This is all you really need to know because the lettering is basically done the same way. so now repeat the whole process but now for each individual letter :) make sure to use the appropriate size nail for each finger enjoy! :D
Participated in the
Hair & Makeup Contest