In this instructable, we will learn how to Spicy Egg Curry....
Eggs are one of the most protein rich and nutrient dense foods that most of us love to include in our daily diet regularly. Rice and Roti are the staples in many Indian homes and hence we opt to make egg curry often.
This is one of the best flavorful egg gravy that pairs great as a side dish with ghee rice, pudina rice, jeera rice, and also it accompanies biriyani, chapati, pulao etc..
Step 1: Ingredients Required
- Boiled Eggs (as required)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of red ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2-3 green chili
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt as needed
- Coriander or Mint leaves
- 1 Bay leaf or 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 Cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mustard
Step 2: #Clean #Boil #Peel
- Initially, you need to rinse the egg with water.
- Then boil the eggs in a flat-bottom pan.
- Boil it for 10-15 mins, once the water starts bubbling out then the eggs are finally boiled.
- Remove the eggs, once it is done and set it aside.
- After the eggs are cooled, peel the hard boiled eggs.
Step 3: Prepare Tomato Puree
First, we need to make a tomato puree, to do this we need to
- First, wash and chop tomatoes.
- After that, chop onions, one green chili and add it to blender.
- Add red chilies and grate coconut pieces to the blender.
- Add garlic cloves and chopped coriander leaves.
- Add some water.
- Blend it into a puree (liquid paste) and keep it aside.
Step 4: Prepare Ginger-Garlic Paste
Secondly, we need to make a Ginger-garlic paste, to do this we need to
- Wash Ginger well and Peel the garlic cloves.
- Chop the onions, ginger & garlic cloves into smaller pieces.
- Add those chopped items to the blender.
- 1 tsp oil.
- 2 tbsp water.
Step 5: Preparation
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add all the spices and allow them to crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and green chilies.
- Fry till onions turn slightly brown.
Step 6: Spice It Up
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Sprinkle pinch of salt and stir well.
- Add 1 tbsp of red chili powder.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Add 1/4 tbsp of turmeric.
Step 7: Fry Them
- Fry till the masala dries up and begins to oil.
- It takes around 5-6 mins.
- Add some coriander leaves and curry leaves to add some flavor.
Step 8: Make It Delicious
- Pour the Tomato puree and Ginger Garlic paste to the fried masala.
- You can also add pinch salt if required.
- Fry till the mixes leave the sides of the pan.
Step 9: Then Egg Goes-in
- Add the boiled eggs.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mint leaves to taste even more delicious (optional).
- Add enough water to make the gravy thick.
- Cook until the gravy turns thick.
Step 10: The Curry Is Finally Ready!
That's all Foodies!!
Enjoy your dinner with yummy Spicy Egg Masala Curry!