Intro: International Sunday Morning Breakfast
Although I live in Melbourne this isn't a #smashedavo breakfast.
It's fast and nutritious (I think).
I call it International because I think of
- the sourdough as American,
- the kimchi as Korean and
- the tea and egg as British.
If you don't drink tea, make your coffee as normal and poach the egg with the kimchi for about 3 minutes
Step 1: Ingredients
If you are having tea
- infuser - I use one from T2 and I love it, no throwing away teabags and I think I use less tea
- I forgot to photograph teaspoon and milk!
For the toast
- sourdough bread from Natural Tucker Bakery, I buy mine at Andrews Bread at the Victoria Market
- kimchi (mine is from KimChi Kitchen)
- small saucepan
- 2 bread and butter plates
- teacup, knife, fork, chopstick and
- I forgot to photograph the slotted sppon
Step 2: Tea
Boil the water, 1 teaspoon of tea in the infuser and put the water in the mug.
Step 3: Toast
Break the egg into the teacup, I have a cracked one just for this.
Put the rest of the water from the kettle (or if you having coffee, all of the water) into the saucepan.
Use the chopstick to swirl the water.
Tip the egg into the water.
Put one of the plates on top of the saucepan and put the kimchi on top of the plate.
I have a shower at this stage and leave the egg in the water on low then put the toast on as soon as I am out of my (very quick) shower.
Or just cook the egg for 3 minutes and put the toast on.
Step 4: Assemble
Milk into the tea.
Butter the toast on the second plate.
Place the kimchi on the toast and use the slotted spoon to place the egg on top.
I cut it all up so that there is a bit of egg/kimchi/toast in each bite.