Introduction: Introducing Makey Makey
What is Makey Makey?Turn the whole world into a keyboard. It's a simple Invention Kit for Beginners or Experts doing art, engineering, and everything in between.How Does it Work?Alligator Clip two objects to the Makey Makey. For example, you and a banana (or an ice cube, or a kitty cat). When you touch the banana, the computer just thinks a keyboard key is being pressed, so you can type a letter, jump in a video game, take a picture, or play some music.Who is Makey Makey For?Kids, Artists, Educators, Engineers, Inventors, Makers. Really it is for everyone. What materials work with Makey Makey?Ketchup, Pencil Graphite, Finger Paint, Fruits, Plants, Coins, Your Grandma, Silverware, Anything that is Wet, Pets, Aluminum, Rain, and hundreds more. Really any material that can conduct at least a tiny bit of electricity.What can I create?Make a banana piano, play Mario on a play dough game pad, take a selfie of your cat every time she drinks water. How? First, load up a computer program or any webpage. Let's say you load up a piano. Then, instead of using the computer keyboard buttons to play the piano, you can hook the Makey Makey to something fun, like bananas, and the bananas become your piano keys.Hundreds more of examples can be found at MakeyMakey.com
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1.
- Open your own Makey Makey kit and gather all of the materials.
Step 2: Step 2.
- Plug in the usb into the Makey Makey circuit.
Step 3: Step 3.
- Make some sort of platform to put your wires on.
- I used play dough to use as a button.
Step 4: Step 4.
- Attach the ground to your hand, I would recommend making a wrist ground.
Step 5: Step 5.
- Add the play dough to the platform and connect the wires.
Step 6: Step 6.
- Hook the usb into the laptop and enjoy your game.
Step 7: Step 7.
- I also made this cool banana piano.