Introduction: IoT Based Temperature Monitor
Hi friends, This is my first instructable .
This instructable will teach you how to connect a Arduino and Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi to Adafruit Platform and Thingspeak. In this instructable the temperature can be viewed in the Adafruit dashboard and the LED controlled from the dashboard.
I would like to share with you my experience and how to build it. So, let's start...
Step 1: Materials
Here's just a few things you're going to need before we can get started:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Arduino Uno(or an ADC)
- Temperature sensor(LM35)
- USB cables
- Jumper wires
Step 2: Using Adafruit IO
- Go to : Adafruit IoT platform
- Create a free or paid account.
- First you have to create a feed to store the data.
- Create a dashboard to visualize the data stored in the feed
- Inside the dashboard create blocks(Gauge, Graph , Slider, Switch )
Step 3: Using Thingspeak
- Go to : Thingspeak
- Sign up for an account.
- In Dashboard create a new channel.
- Choose how many fields you want there are 8 fields available for a single channel.
- After creating channel for every channel a chart will be shown. We can embed this chart in our website by click the iframe option and copy the code.
Step 4: Making Connections
Connections are very simple. Give connections as per the diagram given in the picture.
Step 5: Writing the Code
Code is also very simple. I have attached the code .
Step 6: Test the Code and Enjoy!!!
Upload the code in Arduino and Run the Python program in Raspberry Pi and see the Dashboard............
This instructable will be improved soon..................