Today I am going to design an IoT(Internet of Things) based room temperature monitoring system.
Here I will use esp8266 to connect to the internet.
Step 1: Things Required
1) Arduino UNO (Any arduino board)
2) ESP01 (esp8266 family)
3) LM35 (Temperature sensor)
Step 2: Setting Thingspeak Account
According to its developers, "ThingSpeak is an open source Internet of Things (IoT) application and API to store and retrieve data from things using the HTTP protocol over the Internet or via a Local Area Network. ThingSpeak enables the creation of sensor logging applications, location tracking applications, and a social network of things with status updates
Go to thingspeak.com and sign up with your MATLAB account. If you don't have then create one.
Step 3: Creating Channel
To make a private channel on thingspeak.com follow these steps:
1) Open your web browser and go to thingspeak.com and click on 'Sign Up' tab in right top corner.
2) Fill in the details and click on 'Create account'.
3) Now click on 'New Channel' tab.
4) Again fill in details for channel and enable 1 fields (as we will be sending 1 sensor values), scroll down and click on 'Save Channel' tab.
5)On this page click on 'API Keys' tab and note down your 'Write API Key' and past it to your arduino code.
That's all folks, now you have your private ThingSpeak channel.
Now lets put all electronics component together.
Step 4: Circuit Diagram
Connect the wires.
Step 5: Code
Use you own API key, and change the SSID and password.
Step 6: Online Monitoring
After burning the code login to thingspeak.com and click private view. You can edit the channel and check the public view to monitor without login.