In this project, we will be making a Vacuum Cleaner Robot that could be control remotely via internet with single-board computer raspberry pi. We also would use camera as user interface feedback!
It’s a quite complicated project and need some basic knowledge requirement which is :
- Introduction to IoT PHP
- Introduction to HTML and CSS
- Raspberry Pi Stream Video
- Make your LocalHost Online
Step 1: List of Material
In this project we will be using :
- Raspberry Pi 2
- Raspberry Pi Camera
- Arduino Nano
- IR 333
Step 2: Hardware Connection
In general, the connections are very simple. Follow the instructions and images above, and you should have no problems.
- Connect Raspberry Pi Camera to Raspberry through camera socket
- Connect Arduino Nano to Raspberry Pi through USB cable
- Connect IR333's VCC to Arduino's digital pin 3
- Connect IR333's GND to Arduino's GND
Step 3: Microcontroller Programming
Below is IoT Vacuum Robot Code. Upload Nano.ino code to Arduino, index.php and index.css to Raspberry pi in /var/www/ and you should have no problems.
You could clone and edit the code in any way you prefer.
Step 4: Enjoy!
After making sure that IoT Vacuum Robot working perfectly, port forward your server to make your IoT Robot ability to be access from everywhere. Check it out here.