Intro: Ironman Tony Stark Silhouette
Recently we made some table tops in our workshop with 1 Inch thick laminated particle board after which we left with lots of thin cuttings of the same.
Now being an advocate of up-cycling, I try my best to reuse old and discarded materials in my projects. Batman Wall Art was one of the example in which I up-cycled old comics and corrugated cardboard.
With these cuttings, the idea that popped in my mind was to make a canvas out of them.
Material Used -
- Wood Cuttings
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Black Enamel Paint
- Camlin Pony Hair Painting Brush
Tools Used -
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cutting Tool
- Table Saw (not necessary)
Step 1: Making Canvas
- I collected the waste wood on a corrugated cardboard sheet which came out of packing of an air conditioning unit and started with cutting the irregular ends of the wood cuttings to straight lines. As easy as it sounds but this was the most time consuming part of this project.
- Now I started arranging all the pieces on the corrugated cardboard and decided to use the corrugated cardboard as base for sticking the waste particle board cutting on it.
- This was taking much time as I started fixing the cuttings on the cardboard using Fevicol adhesive till I improvised and used hot glue gun instead. Quick and easy.
- Once all the cuttings are pasted on the cardboard I used table saw to get even edges of the canvas.
A Jigsaw or even a handsaw can also be used for the same.
Step 2: Painting
The truth is......I am Ironman
After finishing the canvas I drew Tony Stark-Ironman Silhouette on the canvas. Once the border line is made the remaining part is very easy. I used pony hair painting brush and painted on the canvas with black enamel paint.
I am happy with the way this turned out :) Hope you guys like this too... :)