ohh jello cookies!! There so fun and bright and cheery..and quite easy to make.
Its so fun to taste all the flavors in the diffrent cookies. They would be so cute for a party and you could mix and match the colors.
3.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 cups salted butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 (3 oz) packages jello - you can use any flavor you want.
Makes about 2 dozen..
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Instructions
1. Beat butter with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
Blend in egg and vanilla.
2. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. (I changed my attachment from a "whisk" to a "flat beater" (for cookie dough) attachment which worked great!)
3. Divide dough into 4 sections. And add 2 to 3 tablespoons of jello onto each section.
I didn't feel like kneading it into the dough, so i used the mixer which proly took longer then kneading it with my hands! :)
You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant. I only added food coloring to the orange and blue.
And the other thing you can do if you dont have food coloring is add more jello and it does help some.!
Then i mixed the other three colors just how i did the red..
5. Shape dough into roughly 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets.
Place about 2 inches apart, on cookie sheets with non stick paper on. Flatten with bottom of a bowl.
Don't make to flat because they do spread out when they bake so just flatten a little!
6. Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes at 350... Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool completely. Enjoy!
...hope ya'll enjoyed this insturctable!!!