Introduction: Jack-O-Lantern Ice Cream Cake
1. Bake 1 layer of chocolate cake and cool completely.
2. Crush oreos (or other cookies/graham crackers) and mix with melted butter.
3. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of a spring-form pan.
4. Put a think layer of pumpkin ice cream on the bottom, followed by the cake, and topped with the rest of the ice cream (I use the who quart for a 9 inch pan) and cream (if desired).
5. Other suggestions of layers to include: chocolate/caramel sauce, whipped creme, cookies, fruit, etc.
6. Draw a jack-o-lantern and/or other Halloween object in colored melted chocolate (click here for a more detailed tutorial of how this technique is done).
7. Slide a blunt knife between and the side of the cake before releasing the spring-pan to remove the cake.
8. Top with your chocolate Halloween decorations and chocolate sauce.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
Halloween Food Contest