Introduction: Jackfruit Seed Stir Fry
This is one of my favorite dish. :) My mom makes it during summer when we get fresh ripe jackfruit. So lets make this yummy snack..! :D
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients-
- Jackfruit seeds - 1 Cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal (black lentil) - 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Chilly powder-1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
Step 2: Clean the Seeds.
- Remove the thin white film-like skin and keep aside.
Step 3: Cut the Seeds.
- Cut the seeds as shown in the picture.
Step 4: Cook the Seeds.
- Place the seeds in an open utensil, add 2 pinch salt and water till the seeds are immersed. Cook for 15-20 mins till the seeds get soft.
- You can also cook in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
Step 5: Drain and Keep the Seeds Aside.
Step 6: Fry-
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add urad dal, curry leaves and cook.
- Put on low flame and add sambar powder, turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and stir.
- Now add the cooked jackfruit seeds and mix everything well. Let it cook for another 5 min.
- Serve hot.