Here is a tutorial on how I made Jake the Dog plush from Adventure Time.
I have also provided FREE templates down below. There is a video at the end!
Hope you enjoy :)
Step 1: Gather Materials
- Jake the Dog template
- Felt: yellow, black, white
- Matching threads: yellow, black, white
- Sewing needle, scissors, pins
** When I was making this, I enlarged it from A4 --> A3 (image increase 141%).
1) Cut out all the template pieces with the corresponding fabric
Step 2: The Eyes
2) Sew the white circle to the black circle using white thread. Use a running stitch.
Repeat for the second eye.
Step 3: Droopy Yellow Piece
3) Sew the yellow piece that goes around Jake's mouth (let's call it the droopy yellow piece).
Sew around using a blanket stitch. Leave a small hole to turn it inside out.
Stuff the droopy yellow piece and close it off using a ladder stitch.
Step 4: Nose
4) Sew the nose piece using a blanket stitch, leave a small hole to turn it inside out and stuff it.
Step 5: Attaching the Nose & Droopy Yellow Piece
5) Attach the nose to the droopy yellow piece using a ladder stitch.
Step 6: Putting the Face Together
6) Sew the facial features on to the body.
Eyes: sew using a running stitch (up and down stitch)
Nose: ladder stitch it
Mouth: can use fabric glue - I decided to sew on a small piece of black felt.
Step 7: Main Body
7) Place the body pieces good sides together. Sew around the edge using a blanket stitch.
Leave a small hold to turn it inside out. Stuff it and sew it up using a ladder stitch.
Step 8: Legs, Arms, Ears and Tail
8) Place two leg pieces together and sew around it using a blanket stitch. Leave a small hole to turn it inside out and stuff it.
Repeat this step for the arms, ears and tail.
Step 9: Putting It Together
9) Push the bottom corner of Jake and sew the leg on using a ladder stitch.
Attach the arms, ears and tail using a ladder stitch.
CONGRATULATIONS - You made Jake the Dog!