Introduction: Jamun Popsicle
Hello Everybody !!
Hot summer has swiped off even the little humidity in air, that too in India !! Ufff ... very hot. But here comes a recipe that will cool you down.. As a Bonus I'm sharing Jamun sharbat (Jamun cooler) a cool beverage to beat the heat. After all Jamun's are India's Blackberry
LET'S Get Started !!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Ripe Jamun - 250 grams
- Table salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Chat masala - 1/2 tsp
- Black salt - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon cubes - 3 to 4
- Mint leaves - 2 or 3 stems
- Water - As required
Step 2: Prepare Jamun Puree
1) Add Plumply jamun or java plums in pan with water and boil it at medium temperature for 10 - 15 mins
2) While boiling jamuns looses its colour to water and starts fading.
3) Boil it until its outer layer gets ruptured, don't over cook it.
4) Initially i added 1 cup of water, it was not enough i added more water in-between to get the stage as shown in 4th image
5) Once its done, let it cool down to room temperature
6) Start de-seeding the jamun, as its well boiled, its very easy at this stage. Seeds has good medicinal values. hence i'll use them for other purposes
7) Finally add the de-seeded jamun into blender and blend well.
8) This puree has a life of two months if refrigerated. Hence it will help you with hot summer . Uses of this is unlimited
Step 3: Jamun Concentrate
Here comes the mouth watering part
1) Take Jamun puree add some water (mine was thick) add remaining ingredients
2) Add table salt, followed by sugar.. even honey or maple syrup also can be substituted, simmer it till sugar gets dissolved
3) Add Black salt, Chat masala and Chilli powder , you can skip the step 3 also. Adding these will add India's food taste . Trust me you'll love it.
4) Once everything gets mixed up well, your concentrate is ready
Step 4: Purple Popsicle
1) After simmering down, my concentrate was thick as i didn't add much water overall, i added in stages only.
2) So, it was kinda thick, taste was nostalgia bringing back my childhood memories of summer holidays
3) I added little bit normal water, since i added water i added little bit of sugar too as it shouldn't spoil the ratio of mixture.
4) It went directly into ice-cream/ popsicle molder
5) Freezed it overnight and enjoyed the epic taste of it. hmmm so yummy
Step 5: Jamun Sharbat / Cooler
Here comes the bonus recipe
1) Add ice cubes, lemon cubes.. don't worry you don't have to eat lemon cubes
2) Add stem of mint leaves
3) Then take out the jamun concentrate which you have been hiding in your refrigerator, add a spoon or two , your preference for concentration required. don't add more than two tsp for 150 ml
4) Pour chilled water and serve or you could add lemon slice on top of glass to impress your guest or make yourself feel better as if your sitting in Hawaii and taking it
5) Lose yourself in taste of it.
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Challenge