Introduction: Jar Drums
Jar drums is an instrument you can make at HOME! This can be a perfect gift for children or you can make it just for fun. All the materials you need to make your own Jar Drum is all in your house. This is so easy and fast to make, your children can help you make a Jar Drum. Since it is December already you can decorate it to look like Christmas or you can decorate it however you want. Have fun making your Jar Drum!!
Step 1: Step: 1 Getting All the Materials
- Get all the materials you will need to make your drums
- You will need different glass or plastic containers
- Water is optional
Step 2: Step 2: Making Your Drums Sound Louder
- Cut a hole in some of the plastic containers using sharp scissors or a box cutter (make sure you have parent supervision
- You can add a string to the cut container to amplify the sound or you can just add different amounts of water to each container to add a higher or lower sound
Step 3: Step 3: Making a Cymbal
- You can make cymbal out of spoons and a large plastic container
- You can do this by stacking the spoons and taping it to a container
- Hit on the top of your spoons to create a high noise
Step 4: Step 4:
- Now you can order the glass or plastic containers from the lowest sound to the highest sound made from your jars
- You could also add water to some containers to make a low or higher sound
Step 5: Step 5: Decorating Your Jar Drums
- You can decorate your drums with ribbons, paper, markers, and etc.
- This can also be a perfect gift for some of your family members!
- (Photos by Pixaby)
Step 6: Step 6: Have Fun!
- Have fun playing your own Jar Drum!!
Participated in the
Homemade Gifts Contest 2016