A Jeera rice recipe that's easy to make, which can be paired with any Indian side!
Step 1: Soaking the Rice
- This recipe used 2 cups of Rice but can be manipulated for any amount
1. Soak 2 cups of Rice in enough water to completely cover it
2. Let it soak for 10 mins
- Soaking the Rice, reduces the cooking time with heat, thus retaining flavour (particularly in the case of Basmati rice
Step 2: Adding Aroma and Flavour to the Rice
1. Drain the soaked rice and transfer to a pressure cooker
2. Add 2 cups of water to the 2 cups of rice (To obtain long and firm rice)
3. Add 2 bay leaves, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon salt and saffron strands to the rice
Step 3: Cooking the Rice
1. Cook the rice in the pressure cooker for approximately 15 mins or 4 whistles to obtain firm and moist rice
(In case the rice is left for more time or whistles, the rice will become more dry)
Step 4: Serving the Rice
1. Let the cooked rice sit for 10 mins before serving
2. Serve the rice with any side of preference and enjoy!