Intro: Jewelry Display
Make your own jewelry display with recycled items!
I happen to find that the store bough ones are so over-priced. Well you can make your own display and customize it the way that you want for under $5. Use materials that you probably already have at home. Have fun and be creative!
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- Empty paper towel, foil or plastic wrap rolls.
- Fabric, lace or any recycled material you have
- Glue gun
- Brush and paint
Step 2: Let's Get Started!
- Paint your rolls and let it dry. Only do this step if fabric is sheer.
- Cut a small hole in the middle of your roll. Approx the same size as the roll.
- Wrap the fabric or lace around the tubes and glue it on. If you are using a sheer lace like I did, be careful not to burn yourself with the glue! Lesson learned :)
- Once the glue is dried, cut a small hole in the fabric in the same place where the cut out hole is on the roll.
- Optional - cut out painted circles the same size as the tube holes and use the same fabric and glue and cover them. These will be to cap and close the ends on the roll. I just used recycled cardboard. Glue them on.
- Base - There are many different ways to make this part. I cut out a piece of a thicker roll, painted it and cover it in the same lace fabric. I added some weight to it with by placing a rock inside. The purpose was to balance the display stand so it doesn't tip over when you place jewelry on it. You can also use another tube by cutting in half and cutting a small hole in the middle.
- Touch ups. If you used a similar sheer lace like I did, and the glue is visible underneath the roll where the fabric was glued together, just go over it with a little paint.
Step 3: All Done!
So many possibilities! I made this one for under $3!
I bough my lace at a discount store for only 99 cents! and already had most of the crafting supplies at home.