- juice of 4 limes ( about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer( I use Shiner Bock, but use your preference)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium white onion, grated or finely minced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- MEAT: this marinade will do a nice size skirt steak( 2 1/2 to 3 pounds,make sure you trim all the fat and silverskin before marinating), or about 3 pounds chicken(skin, de-bone, and cut up before marinating).
1.) Mix all ingredients together.
2.) Pour into large sealable plastic bag ( 1 gallon size).
3.) Marinate overnight. DON'T freak out when you pull out the meat from the bag, in the case of the skirt steak, it will be gray-ish, THIS IS NORMAL. The acid in the lime juice has partially cooked the meat,trust me, it will be very tender.
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, red or green (Only if you like bell pepper. I don't, so I omit it, unless I'm cooking for guests.)
1.) Grill to your preference,cook the meat directly on the grill, and pan cook the onions and peppers, the meat will have a nice char, and you can caramelize the onion/peppers to bring out their sweetness.
2.) Slice against the meat grain, and enjoy with the toppings and cold beer of your choice.
- If you live in an area where mesquite charcoal is available, GET IT! There is no substitute for the flavor mesquite adds.
- Get a few extra limes, fresh lime adds a great flavor to a fajita taco.
- Caramelized garlic makes a great addition, just wrap a few heads up like baked potatoes, and throw 'em on the grill till they're soft.
- Make EXTRA! You're going to want seconds, or thirds.
wakeskatenfool_w7 made it!