Home remedies are neither costly nor have any side effects. Home remedies can cure almost all of our common problems that too with the ingredients that may be already present with you. This Instructable tells you about some wonderful but easy to use home remedies! Moreover they are natural, safe for the environment as well as safe for you!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Diarrhoea/Loose Motions
It generally refers to passing of multiple watery stools during the day as the body is not able to absorb the water entering the body. This may lead to dehydration and a bad mood.
- Take two teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add half teaspoon of ginger paste to it.
- Also add a pinch of black pepper powder to it and mix well.
- Have twice a day!
Step 2: Dry Skin
Dry skin is not an ailment, but if ignored may lead to deep cracks and bleeding of the skin which may lead to infections. The skin becomes very dry and rough especially during the winters. And for this, here is a nourishing paste for every type of skin.
The Remedy for a healthy skin
- Take two tablespoons of barley flour.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it along with two teaspoons of mustard oil and some water.
- Mix it well to make a paste and apply it to the affected area before bathing and leave it to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Scrub the dried paste out and bath with lukewarm water.
You'll get a nourished, soft and glowing skin!
Step 3: Insomnia
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling and staying asleep. Many people suffer from it and it may lead to irritation loss in concentration. Its generally caused by stress and unhealthy lifestyle.
The Remedy for a good night sleep...
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with either milk or water and have it before going to bed.
- You can also have a hot water shower or bath for a sound sleep.
Step 4: Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis is the inflammation of the tonsils, and may create problems while swallowing things.
- For this, take a glass of lukewarm water and squeeze half a lemon into it.
- Add a pinch of salt along with two tablespoons of honey to it.
- Mix well, and sip it twice a day for relief and for lessening the effect of tonsillitis.
Step 5: Get Diseases Frequently?
If a person gets caught up with diseases frequently, then it might be possibly because of the person's weak immune system.The immune system protects the body from various bacterial, fungal and viral attacks. A weak immune system makes the body prone Cold, Flu, Herpes, Cold sores, etc.
The Remedy for a stronger Immune System
- Take a cup of lukewarm milk and add a tablespoon of Ashwagandha
powder (Its a commonly available ayurvedic powder and you may find it easily on famous e-tailing sites like Amazon).
- Mix it well and have once daily.
Step 6: Cold
No particular cure of cold gas been found till date, cause we still don't know which viruses are responsible for it! But this remedy will surely help to ease your symptoms so that you are not bedridden!
- Take a glass of warm milk.
- Add a tablespoon of turmeric powder and another tablespoon of black pepper to it.
- Mix it well and drink it twice daily.
Step 7: Pink Eyes
This one is quite common with people. It includes the discolouration of the white portion of the eye to either pink or red. It may be caused by common viruses, allergens or excessive strain of eyes.
The Remedy for white eyes...
- Take a handful of coriander leaves.
- Add 250 ml water and boil it for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and strain the liquid.
- Use this decoction as an eyewash.
This will surely help you to relieve the pain and redness of the eyes.
Step 8: Acne
Many people have acne and some may have it in extremes! The body is generally not able to remove all the toxins from the body and these contaminate the bloodstream leading to acne.
1) Consume three cloves of garlic everyday for one month.
2) If you don't like 'eating' garlic then,
- Take 2-3 cloves of garlic and crush them to make a paste.
- Apply this paste over the affected areas.
- If you have a sensitive skin then you can mix the paste in some yogurt and then apply over the affected areas.
Garlic contains allicin,which is a natural antibiotic and helps in purifying the blood.
First Prize in the
Home Remedies Challenge