Savor crispy & crunchy fried chicken that tastes exactly like Kentucky Fried Chicken right at your home. Learn this recipe in 4 easy instruct able steps. After numerous iterations on 'how to make chicken crunchier just like KFC' I zeroed on this procedure. No bread crumbs or crushed cornflakes or beaten oats worked like potato wafer crisps did !!! So here is the magical, lip-smacking KFC copycat recipe ... ENJOY ...
Step 1: Ingredients
Chicken pieces without skin - 250 grams
Eggs - 1
Milk - 2 to 3 tbsp
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Paprika pwd - 2 tsp
Pepper pwd - 1¼ tsp
potato chips - 100 grams
ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
mixed herbs - 3 tsp
mixed spices/chaat masala
(indian spice mix) -2 tsp
lemon juice - 2 tsp
Oil - to deep fry
Salt to taste
Step 2: Marination
To the chicken pieces add the following ingredients :
1. Ginger garlic paste
2. Salt (1 tsp)
3. Lemon juice
4. Pepper pwd(1/4 tsp)
5. Paprika pwd(1 tsp)
6. Mixed herbs(2 tsp)
7. Mixed spices/chaat masala
mix all the ingredients well and marinate the chicken for about 2 hours.
Step 3: Coating
1. In a bowl, place flour, add salt , pepper powder , paprika powder and mixed herbs.set aside.
2. take another bowl, beat the egg, pour the milk and whisk... till a smooth mixture is obtained, set it aside.
3. put the crushed potato chips in a third bowl.
4. Take a piece of chicken, add to the flour mixture & cover the chicken with it.
5. Now dip in the whisked egg mixture.
6. finally coat the chicken with crushed potato chips.
7. repeat steps 4 to 5 for all the remaining chicken pieces.
Step 4: Frying
1. Heat oil in a wide skillet.
2. Add 4 to 5 pieces of chicken and deep fry in hot oil.
3. Turn the flame to low medium and fry chicken until it turns golden brown.
4. Turn over the pieces gently, every few minutes & cook to crisp.
5. Chicken is done, when it is golden brown on all the sides.
6. Remove from flame & place on kitchen tissue to drain.
Homemade lip smacking KFC HOT N CRISP chicken is done..
And ready to be served..!!!!
Runner Up in the
Copycat Recipes Contest