Tired of waiting for those annual fairs to come JUST to get a taste of their amazing kettle corn? Well your troubles are over! This recipe for kettle corn tastes exactly like the ones at the fair AND it's cheaper! Only 3 ingredients are required! Well what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients, heat up that stove, and get cookin'!
Step 1: Gathering Ingredients
1/2 Cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
Step 2: Cooking the Kernels
1) Heat the 1/4 cup of oil in a medium-large stock pan in high heat. Place 3 popcorn kernels in oil while it's heating.
2) Heat until the popcorn kernels start popping. Once the 3 popcorn kernels have popped, dump the 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels in heated oil. Stir to coat the kernels with oil. Immediately add your 1/4 cup of sugar to the pot and stir.
3) Cover pot with lid and using a pot holder, vigorously shake the pot to avoid the popcorn and sugar from sticking to the bottom. While you may open the lid and stir the popcorn, this is not so safe, because the popcorn might jump out of the pan and hit you, causing burns. Set pot down every once in a while to allow it to cook. Shake every so often.
4) Popcorn is done cooking when there's a 3-second interval in the popping noise. Turn off stove and remove from heat.
5) Transfer to a mixing bowl and sprinkle salt as desired.