Intro: Key Holder - Guitar Amp Like
According to this Instructable i made a key holder that looks more like a guitar amp.
I decided to use a 3D Printer to make more details like a speaker grid, handles and footings.
Step 1: Parts and Tools
- 4 female 1/4" audio jacks
- 4 male 1/4" audio jacks
- plastic or alu plate for the jacks (1-3mm thick)
- glue to fix the plate
- soldering station
- ca.300mm isolated copper strands to make the loops at the jackets
2 Screws+dowels and Screwdriver (for mounting to wall)
- metal shears for the plate
- drilling machine with 10mm driller
- and of course a 3D Printer with a filament of your choice !
Step 2: 3D Printing
The case is printed with normal settings.
The speaker grid is printed with some extra settings for the slicer:
- use honeycomb for infill
- density 20%-30%
- solid layers/horizontal shells: top: 0, bottom:3
Step 3: Assembly the Case
For drilling the holes in the plate, see dimensioning in picture .
For better holding use glue to fix the plate and the grid.
You have to put the screws for wall mounting into the case before fixing the plate (see also step 5)
Step 4: The Key Chains
See picture for assembly the key chain jackets
Step 5: The Wall Mounting
The spacing of the holes for wall mounting is 120mm.
And there's a clever touch: The outer holes from the jackets and the wall mount holes are in one line
so you just have to put the screwdriver in the jacket for tightening !
That's it, feel free to ask questions and vote if you like it !
Of course i could use a laser cutter/engraver to label the metal plate :-)
JSGC made it!