Introduction: Keychain Holder
In this instructable, I will share how to make a house shaped keychain holder. This is a small project for weekend, based on tools and skills, one can finish this im couple of hours
I made this using an old wooden flooring. It is called wooden flooring, but it is made from MDF, with wood texture laminate....
Which makes this project easy to make and finish..
Please vote for me
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Wooden floor or plank 10mm thick
- 4 hooks
- Hanging ears
- Bamboo Skewer
- Paper template
- Drill machine
- Sand paper
- Wood polish
Step 2: Paper Template
We need a reference template for our design. One can choose from internet and take a print or do a free hand design ...
- Based on the width of the wooden plank, scale and draw your own house design or use mine
- Cut the paper template
- Remove door and window as shown
Tip: if you are an amateur like me, choose a simple pattern
Step 3: Cutting
- Stick the paper template on the wooden plank
- Draw outline using a thin permanent marker
- Remove paper template
- Drill holes at the opposite corners of window and door
- I drilled one hole too close to the edge, so I drilled another on the other corner too
- Using Jigsaw cut the outline as shown
- Drill holes at every corner, this make it easy to cut
- First cut smaller section like windows, doors and chimney,, then move to outter edges
- Many times paper template comes out during cutting, hence using permanent marker as reference outline
Step 4: Window
I knew, that it was not easy to cut 4 square holes for window, hence I have one large window in my template and tha i could add later...
We will use two pieces of bamboo skewer to make our window
The pieces are slightly bigger than the lenght of the window, to fit, tight inside the window.
Use pva glue to secure them...
Step 5: Hooks
- Drill 2mm holes for the hooks
- Tighten the hooks in place
Step 6: Hanging Ears
- Drill holes for the hanging ears as shown
- Secure the hanging ears using screws
- Make sure that the screws are short and they do not come out on the other side
- Normally I would cut the screws length and I make pilot holes of 5 Mm deep
Step 7: Finishing
- Sand all side edges using 80, 150 and then 220 grit sand papers
- Cut the hooks length, it their length is larger than wood plank's thickness
- Using wood neutral polish, coat all edges of the wooden plank
Finally hang it on a wall and use it as a keychain stand / holder
Participated in the