Kidney Bean Flatbread is known as Rajma Paratha in India. Kidney Beans is highly nutritious as it a great source of protein. Vegetarians eat this a lot to compensate for the protein from meat. Hence it is extremely healthy for growing kids.
My daughter likes flatbread s so I thought of mixing Kidney Bean Puree along with wheat flour with an attempt to make it more nutritious. Its very simple and quick recipe. You could make extra and store the dough in refrigerator for later use. Please do try it and let me know how it went with your kid :-)
Step 1: Ingredients
- Boiled and Pureed Kidney Bean - 1 Cup
- Wheat Flour - 2 Cups
- Sesame Oil - 2 tsp
- Carom Seed - 1 tsp ( Kidney Bean is very gassy so Carom Seed helps prevents gas)
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 2tbsp
Step 2: Preparation Steps
- Soak kidney beans in water over night
- Pressure cook for about 20mins or until its fully cooked.
- Puree it in a blender to a fine paste.
- Mix wheat flour, kidney bean puree, salt, oil. carom seeds and water and knead well until it forms a ball.
- Ensure you add water very little at a time and knead.
- Let the dough rest for atleast 30mins.
- Take a small ball of dough, dip it in flour and roll it to about 4 inches in diameter.
- Apply 1/2 tsp oil
- Fold it so it forms a triangle.
- Roll it again with a rolling pin but this time to about 1/4 inch thickness and as round as possible.
- Heat a pan.
- Cook the flatbread on both sides and apply oil/butter generously on both sides.
- Cut it into slices and serve.
- I serve this with cheese and my daughter loves it.
First Prize in the